Thursday, October 29, 2009

It was the best of time, it was the worst of time.

We all have that song that we really love, or that has special meaning for us, or that we share with that special some one. For me “21 Questions” by 50 Cent mean all that and more, I remember the first time that song came out back in 2003. I could not help but think about a relationship I was in at the time and how if all those bad things that 50 Cent describes in the song were to happen to me would the girl I was dating stay with me. It made me think about my relationship and whether or not it was as solid as we said it was. The thing is that is one thing to say that we will stay together when trouble times come our way and another thing to actually stay together because when push comes to shove you find out a person’s true colours.
Ever since then I have always used this song to measure my relationships and whether or not it is as solid as we claim, unfortunately I yet to find a solid relationship that will pass the test of hardship. It is easy to “I love you” when times are good but it’s hard to really mean it when times are bad.
They say that every person has their soul mate out there but I really don’t believe that! For now all I can do is let hard times be the test that tries my relationships and find if they truly are as solid as we claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment